Friends of Transit for Kalamazoo County, formed in 2005, is an alliance of 49 organizations and 70 individuals that believe public transit is vital for economic growth and community well-being by providing access to jobs, medical care, education, shopping, recreation, religious and civic events.
To work for the creation of a countywide transit system that will provide accessible, affordable, safe and convenient public transit for all people of Kalamazoo County.
- Public transit that is available countywide. No one is excluded.
- Public transit that is available 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Public transit that begins and ends at times that give shift workers access to jobs.
- Bus schedules and fare rates posted at every bus stop, with user guides available in public places to make transit easy to use.
- Express routes developed and utilized to promote efficiency.
- A flexible system that responds to change and promotes innovation.
- Regular reports on performance provided to the public.
If you are interested in joining Friends of Transit, download and complete a copy of our membership form and send it to Michele McGowen at email@example.com or 517 E. Crosstown Parkway, Kalamazoo, MI 49001.
2015 Friends of Transit for Kalamazoo County
(This list is being updated -- please check back)